Friday, January 18, 2008

A QUOTE FROM C.S. LEWIS

Just like anyone else, I have many quotes that I love to meditate on and share with family and friends. Throughout this year, I will be sharing some of the quotes that I have treasured throughout the years, and I want to start with the following quote by Clive Staples (C.S.) Lewis, the Author of "The Chronicles of Narnia" series:
"You never know how much you really believe anything until its truth or falsehood becomes a matter of life and death to you. It is easy to believe a rope to be strong and sound as long as you are merely using it to cord a box. But suppose that you had to hang by that rope over a precipice. Wouldn't you then first discover how much you really trusted it? ... Only a real risk tests the reality of a belief."

No comments: