Thursday, October 18, 2007

AN EXCELLENT READ


If you haven't read Thabiti Anyabwile's "The Faithful Preacher" as of yet, I would highly recommend that you pick it up at your local Christian bookstore!!!
My friend Steven gave me this book for a graduation gift from Seminary, and once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down. The book chronicles 3 African-American preachers: Lemuel Haynes, Francis Grimke, and Daniel Payne. After giving a thorough biography of each man, Anyabwile blesses us with an actual sermon delivered by each one. If you are a preacher, you will find that each man charges you to be an educated, faithful proclaimer of the LORD Jesus. If you are a layperson, it will encourage you to examine whether the preaching that is coming out of the pulpit in your church is Christ-focused. So, again, if you're looking for a book that is challenging--yet inspiring--don't hesitate in getting this absolute masterpiece.

No comments: