Today is the six month-a-versary for my darling wife, Debra-Anne and myself and, to be honest, it is hard to believe that this day is already here. Oh, how I wish I could freeze that day when I saw my beautiful wife walk down that aisle and she gave me the opportunity to be her companion, lover, and friend.
And, it is at this time that I would like to thank her for ten things that I have been blessed with, experienced, learned, or are learning in this short period of Holy matrimony.
1. Thank you, Debra-Anne for making me love Christ more: In the six months that I have been with you, I cannot tell how you have made the ministry God has blessed us with better. Your encouraging words, your willingness to do whatever it takes to be successful, and your inquisitiveness is so encouraging, and has done wonders in my own personal relationship with the LORD as well. Quite simply, I love you more because you have helped me love Christ more.
2. Thank you, Debra-Anne for your submissiveness: You were a woman who had a lot when we met, and you have made sacrifices in our relationship that still amazes me to this day. Thank you for loving me for who I am and not what you want me to be.
3. Thank you, Debra-Anne for your care of others: If you remember, this was the trait that led me to marry you in the first place. And being with you on a regular basis, I have seen this trait more widely, which makes my love for you grow more widely.
4. Thank you, Debra-Anne for your caring spirit: From watching your interaction with the kids at church to hearing the direction you give your Mary Kay consultants, you take such a nurturing approach towards everything. If I had to highlight the trait, in which I believe you show Christ the most, it is this--making supreme sacrifices with the goal to make others better.
5. Than you, Debra-Anne for your patience: Quite simply, you have the patience of a moving tortoise--it can be long to see you get to your breaking point, but you will make sure you cover all ground before you get there. What was once a trait that drove me nuts, is one that I am learning more and more to respect everyday, especially in regards to my own life.
6. Thank you, Debra-Anne for loving my faults: I always knew I was a sinner, but in six months I have learned that marriage can show just how bad you truly are. But still--within the scope of all of this--you are still with me. Thank you for loving me just as much in my imperfections as you do in the things that please you about me.
7. Thank you, Debra-Anne for exposing me to the world: In the short time we have been together, we have had the privilege of seeing so much together. From our honeymoon in Belize and Mexico to the Mary Kay Seminar event in Dallas, these are things I wouldn't have seen (nor had as much fun in participating in) in my lifetime, if I hadn't been with you. Thank you for exposing me to new things and new people.
8. Thank you, Debra-Anne for my new family: The joy that I feel in having Ms. Scarlett as a mother-in-law, having Uncle "Horace Winston" and Aunt Hyacinth as an aunt and uncle, as well as Beth, Eric, Andrea, Uncle Larry, Aunt Lyl and the rest of the crew cannot be properly expressed. Quite simply, I am ecstatic that you have been willing to share them with me, so I can grow to love them as much as you do.
9. Thank you, Debra-Anne for your work ethic: In short, you are a WARRIOR! How you put in time at Palm Beach State, then do Mary Kay and make sure that I am taken care of, on a daily basis, is amazing. After seeing this on a daily basis, the very least I can do is take care of the laundry on my day off!!!!! :-)
10. Thank you, Debra-Anne for making me write this blog: Quite simply, if you were not who you are, I could not have written what I have. These things--as well as a litany of others--makes it easy to express my love and thanks towards you. Thank you for being my wife and allowing me to be your husband!!!!
Happy six-month-a-versary, My precious Tulip !!!!!!!