Tuesday, August 4, 2009

THANK YOU FATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Without question, this summer has been one of the most fruitful in my ministry career. Not only have I had the opportunity to enjoy the fellowship of so many godly people, but my pastor has given me the opportunity to lead the Wednesday Night Bible Study, in which I am teaching on the Doctrines of Grace and how they line up with the Sixteen Articles of the Primitive Baptist Church.

It has always been my desire to see the Church of Jesus Christ return back to the Reformed roots, especially the predominately African-American Church. And--let me tell you--through this teaching on Wednesday Night, God has been doing an awesome thing!!!!

Our congregation is responding in ways that I never imagined. They are telling their friends what they are learning, many members--who at one time were not coming to the Bible Study--are attending again, many members are desiring to further their Theological education, and--most encouraging of all--many members are enjoying a renewed passion for God and the work of salvation that Christ has done on their behalf.

It is at this time, that I would like to give a public praise to God the Father for being so wonderful in revealing His truth to His people. Truly, we serve a God who is so gracious and merciful and is truly much better to us than we are to ourselves. So, Thank You LORD for your kindness--a kindness that is so amazing and so rich in Your precious love!!!!

2 comments:

Kent Carroll said...

Jarvis,

Teaching about how the Primitive Baptist Doctrine lines up with the Doctrines of Grace is wonderful. We Primitive Baptist are Reformed even though we won't admit it openly.

On another note - I have returned your call and left you a message. I would like to hear from you.

Pastor Kent Carroll - Truth Promoter

Ebony Puritan said...

It is my hope that the denomination will get back to its roots. It has saddened me to see how far we have drifted.