Monday, June 16, 2008

AMAZING GRACE IS AN AMAZING BUY!!!!


This past weekend, I had the "privilege" of listening to a sermon delivered by Bob Coy, Pastor of Calvary Chapel Ft. Lauderdale, on the Calvinism-Arminianism debate. And if you know anything about Calvary Chapel's stance on the doctrine of salvation, you would not be surprised by the conclusions that Pastor Bob gave: That we do not know if God chose us or we chose Him because the Bible isn't clear in this area (FYI: One of the major attacks on Scripture that the Seeker Sensitive/Emerging Church promotes is that it is not clear in many areas).


And after listening to this sermon, I was moved to watch a DVD I have had for a number of years called, "Amazing Grace", produced by the Apologetics Group, which is designed to defend the truths of Calvinism. Without question, this DVD is the BEST resource I have seen in defending the Reformed Doctrines of Grace. The DVD traces the doctrine's beginnings, the historic Calvinism-Arminianism debate, defines what true Arminianism and Calvinism is, and gives an excellent apologetic against Arminian "proof verses". In fact, I will go on record and say that if one is not either bed rocked in their Reformed view of Salvation or doesn't become a Calvinist after watching this DVD, then there may not be any hope for you to see these truths for what they truly are (I'm being sarcastic here!!!).


So, if you want to learn more about the Doctrines of Grace or you want to be more solid in your understanding of them, then I would encourage you to get a copy of this DVD! It is definitely worth the money!!!!!
To purchase a copy, please click here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My greatest struggle is the caricature Calvary Chapel paints. It is utterly disgusting. I am going to write something on this in response to their daily Q&A they do in which they say "well Calvinisty why evanglize" in which my response will be "well Calvary Chapel why pray"?

Ebony Puritan said...

Good idea Lionel!

I would love to read it!!!