Monday, May 12, 2008

A MAJOR STEP


One of my first assignments, when I started working at my church, was to write a grant that would aid in the reforming of our church's worship services. The grant we applied to was the Calvin Institute of Christian Worship's Worship Renewal Grant, which paid up to $10,000 for projects that dealt with reforming worship in churches. Well, I am proud to say that my church was a recipient to one of these grants, and we will be implementing the project entitled, "Reformed Theology and the African-American Pastor". This project will equip our ministers in--not only the doctrines of the Reformed Faith--but also in how we should implement it within the African-American Worship experience. We hope that the LORD will bless this project, and that next year (LORD willing) more churches will be involved in our endeavors.
I ask that you please pray for this project's success, as we at OZPBC look to carry the truths of the Reformed Faith to our African-American communities.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Congratulations, Jarvis! Praise the Lord!