Saturday, December 29, 2007

A FUNNY ON "THE GOLDEN GIRLS"


It has been a few weeks and I hope that everyone had a great Christmas, and are making plans to attend their Watch night Service to set in motion their devotion and obedience to the LORD for 2008!

I wanted to share a funny that I saw on the TV show "The Golden Girls" a couple of weeks back. Now, you might be saying to yourself, "The Golden Girls, Jarvis? You're posting on your blog a quote from The Golden Girls"? Well, after hearing this interaction, I believe that you will get a chuckle out of what was said.

The situation was set up as such: The oldest character of the four ladies, Sophia (played by Estelle Getty) was choking on something and passed out while another character, Rose (played by Betty White) was applying the Heimlich maneuver on her. Sophia had a "experience" of going to heaven and when she got there, she was initially approached by an angel. This was the interaction between the two:

Sophia: Dorothy (Sophia's daughter)! Where am I?

Angel: Sophia? Welcome to heaven!

Sophia: I'm in heaven?

Angel: That's right!

Sophia: Heaven, Heaven? I went straight to heaven? No stops? No purgatory?

Angel (perplexed by Sophia's statement): Purgatory? Oh ho ho ho you Catholics (laughing)! Look, why don' you make yourself comfortable. I have to prepare for our next arrival, and actually, I'm rather excited! It's a televangelist!!!

Sophia: Why is that exciting?

Angel: We've never had one here before!!


This was cute! Anyhow, Have a Great New year!!!!!










2 comments:

Jordan said...

Hey Jarvis! How's it going? Brian got this link from somebody-- Stephen, maybe?-- and I thought I'd say hi. I'm CRACKING up that you posted about the Golden Girls. You totally made my day!

Ebony Puritan said...

Hey Jordan!

Good to hear from you. Hope everything is going well in Europe. Please give the family my love, and continue to check the blog for new entries.