Thursday, November 15, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!

Yes Everyone! Today is my Birthday: My Spiritual Birthday!

Eight years ago today, The LORD was gracious to draw me to Himself and allow me to become a member of His divine family. I wish I could say that these eight years were easy. Like many people who come to Christ, I started off on a shaky foundation built on TD Jakes, Creflo Dollar, Myles Munroe, and Eddie Long. In 2000, I was licensed as a minister and started preaching things that now makes my stomach turn. Then in 2001, the LORD directed me to the Reformed Faith through various circumstances, and then it was off to Seminary in 2002. It was here that I became rooted in the Reformation by various teachings and materials, but I also went through a small period of struggle being a Reformed African-American.

But despite the struggles, there have been great periods as well. Number one, that the LORD continues to grow me in Christ, Two I am a Reformed Christian (which is a true Biblical Christian), Three, that I have had the privilege of going through Seminary, Four, the LORD has given me a wonderful jail ministry Five, He has allowed me to build relationships with other Christians in many places throughout the years, and Six, That he has me working in a great full-time ministry where I can share my faith with the youth of our day.

So truly, the LORD does make everything work for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28). And I thank God for all the valleys and joys I have faced, and by His grace, I pray that I will grow more in Him as I live to seek His face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is always sad to me when people who have supposedly been enlighten than attack others who they ' think" are not. It reminds me of something an old freind taught me. Just because you graduated, don't burn down the school!

You could have some room left to keep growing so don't attack everybody who sees things differently than you. If you are right,, than you can help others to graduate. If you are wrong, you will not have to reap what an overzealoyus blog can create in your own life.

Either way, everyone doesn't get to go to your school and when they don't remember, God loves them too.

Oh, and stay away from those matches, I love them men you criticzie and if they are wrong,, so were you.... but you were sincerely so. aside from those circumstances you laud and the classes you took, you might still be over here with us dim wits praising God our way!

Lovingly submitted.

Ebony Puritan said...

First, and foremost,I respect your comments towards my entry. My intention is not to attack the men that I named in this entry. But rather, it was to show how I have grown into a deeper knowledge of my faith throughout the years.

In addition, I would encourage you to do some research on the men that were named, because you can't really criticize my comments unless you know both sides. And after reading your comments, I get the sense that you really do not know what these men stand for.

So, once again, thank you for your words, and strive to be a "workmen approved by God" (2 Tim. 2:15).